Friday, November 20, 2015

What November 6, 2016 will look like?

In the book, she talks about knowing why you are doing this is just as important as tidying.  She says to keep asking why, what I have heard as drilling down to the answer.  "I want it to be clean" is not sufficient.


So I asked myself and this is the image in my head what November 6th will look like.  Note: this is prior to the work blowup (which by the way is still underway but I still keep plugging along in tidying)


It is a Sunday.  I wake up, make my bed, and start my morning routine of brushing my hair, dressing, brushing my teeth and make up. I have my work outfit picked out on the valet in my closet and ready to go.  My jewelry is set and I have myself made up and ready for the day.  It is all easy because I can get to everything easily.  I get some reading done in the book I am reading before I go to get my daughter up.


My daughter is happy and we lay out clothes that fit her and get her dressed, brush her teeth and head downstairs for breakfast.  We make pancakes with daddy, laugh and giggle.  It is easy because we have everything on hand and ready to make pancakes.


I make the shopping list.  Sunday is always shopping day but I have a better idea of what we need. 


My daughter and my husband play for a bit.  The toys are put away so we take out one activity and work on it together.  Life is easier that way.


There is no mail piling over because it already dealt with.  There is no concern of missed bills because they are dealt with.  Paper is under control.


I grab my book, my lunch and shopping bags and kiss my loves goodbye.  I head to work. 


I get into a clean car where I know I can find things easily.  I get the shopping done and go to work.


I come home.  The house needs dishes done but everything else is in shape.  I quickly do the dinner dishes and unload the groceries with my husband. I get changed into my pj's which are still waiting for me on the valet.  I pick out an outfit for my day at the office.  I have workout wear laid out for Tuesday dance class and Thursday Yoga class (which I do not do but would like to do both).  My dirty clothes go into the laundry bag and stay in the closet.


I check on my girl who is asleep at this point.  I quickly send an email to friends asking them to dinner at our house later on this week. Then I get down to crafting whatever project I have decided on finishing (because I like to finish).  I work on it until I am tired.


When I go to bed, I have meditated and feel at peace.  Life is easier now that it was November 6, 2015.


I think this is doable.  I think I can discern that I want a simpler life overall but I want to do things with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment